Seth Godin is the pioneer of inbound marketing online, which changed the way people viewed marketing to others in a social context on the internet. Today, I’m going to teach you the rules and lessons that Seth Godin himself use in his inbound marketing strategies. This will almost certainly improve every sales pitch you create!
Who is Seth Godin?
Seth Godin is a public speaker, an entrepreneur and an author. He has contributed most to thought leadership in social media and online sales. He is the owner of ‘Squidoo’ the popular community site where people can add their own ‘lenses’ and earn money via advertising. It’s one of the 500 most visited internet sites online.
Your Inbound Marketing Strategy
Seth Godin first wrote about inbound marketing or ‘permission’ marketing years ago. Basically, it’s your job to earn the attention of customers by making yourself easy to be found. But it’s so much more than that – it’s about creating value around your brand online. Instead of looking for customers, you leave a breadcrumb trail and they find you.
Lessons About Inbound Marketing
• One way to rapidly improve your inbound marketing strategy is to invest in SEO. This is because SEO streamlines how much traffic your site is able to attract – a vital process involved in any Seth Godin approved permission marketing.
• An inbound marketing process follows a strict set of steps. These steps usually involve attracting traffic, converting traffic into leads, and leads into sales. Secondary cycles include retaining these leads for repeat sales.
• The core concept of inbound marketing according to Seth Godin, is the ability to be found. That’s why it’s important that your company is on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. They create your online profile.
• The working part of any inbound marketing strategy is content. This principle declares that if your content is great, it will create a powerful pull to your site.
• Inbound marketing is also about relationships and using these relationships to spread your content around the internet. If your posts are on multiple blogs for example, more people will know your name and find your products.
• Seth Godin preaches pull over push marketing, no-hype, poor salesy content or false advertising that was big in the old days of print.
• Apply the attraction principle to each social site to see how powerful it can really be. This means optimizing everything, and adding continuous content daily as a foundation rule. That’s non-negotiable!
Inbound marketing is something YOUR company needs to be working with everyday. If you haven’t discovered the type of marketing technique that you want to use just yet – this is it. It’s the foundation for all quality marketing processes online today.
Marketing experts like Seth Godin will tell you that the more you focus on attraction – the better off you’ll be. People have too much choice these days. You can’t compete based on price, size or vicinity. But you can certainly compete based on attraction!
Check out our booming Facebook page here!
Do you agree with the concept of inbound marketing?